[Nix-dev] i686 Builds?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:16:15 CEST 2015

Hi.

On 05/12/2015 12:45 AM, William Kennington wrote:
> Maybe it would make more sense to only build the i686 builds if our
> tested set of x86_64 binaries build correctly.

This seems the best suggestion I know of now. It shouldn't be difficult
to implement, and it also makes important x86_64 parts build before
i686, which I find good for fixing problems.

BTW, I once opened an issue for X32 ABI discussion
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/1579

It would be nice if we had an option to say "evaluate these platforms
less often, e.g. every fifth evaluation". Similarly, some core stuff
might be good to evaluate more often, e.g. the tarball (done by Travis
ATM). Then we could have some less common platforms without being too
expensive (maybe even things like ARM cross-builds of core stuff). But I
expect it would bring more complexity to hydra, as not all evaluations
would have the same set of jobs...

Vladimir