[Nix-dev] i686 Builds?

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Tue May 12 13:58:01 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 01:21:59PM +0200, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> On 12/05/15 12:49, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
>
> > Yes. Maybe it got renamed... It used to be named 'amd32'.
>
> It's called x32:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X32_ABI

Thank you!

So this thread could end up in an extra nixos architecture instead of one
less.

Years ago, I had a tweak to my nixos (never pushed upstream) that used a
64-bit kernel with 32-bit userspace. This allowed me to install specific
programs 64-bit with nix-env. The purpose was to have a general memory
saving, but keeping fast calculations in specific things (like melt,
ffmpeg, ...).

Regards,
Lluís.