[Nix-dev] "/usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found" trying to install on RHEL 6.5

Alexander Vorobiev alexander.vorobiev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 20:00:41 CEST 2015

My understanding is rpms for Nix are only available for Fedora and they
wouldn't work with RHEL which is very conservative (no c++11 compiler,
etc). There is new RHEL 7 released a few months ago but most enterprise
users are still on 6.x (or older) with no plans to upgrade. Hence my
interest in Nix.

I am building gcc-5.1; when it is done, I will try building Nix. As a side
note, wouldn't it be better if the binary distribution were self-sufficient
(=statically linked) and didn't depend on the host system? I am sure I am
not the first user of RHEL who got burned by similar problems...

Thanks,
Alex