[Nix-dev] Game of the day, spot the difference between master and staging

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:37:14 CEST 2015

So today staging finally restarted building stuff on hydra, thanks to
whoever was involved in fixing this.

Then I noticed that some packages are failing to build, for example the
ecl compiler.

It fails like this, nix-build -A ecl:

configure.ac: error: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal)
automake: error: no 'Makefile.am' found for any configure output

Given that between master and staging ecl didn't change, nor autoconf or
automake or libtool (but I can be wrong), why does ecl fail to
autoconf/automake?

Note that the error is actually legit, the src/configure.ac has no
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.

This is the game of the day, kudos to whoever is able to spot the
difference. Have fun!

Best regards,