[Nix-dev] systemd stdout logging

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Sun Jun 28 07:48:47 CEST 2015

I've got a service that I'm deploying with nixops. I've got a systemd
service configured

     systemd.services.hiplambda = {
        description = "HipLambda";
        wantedBy = [ "multi-user.target" ];
        after = [ "network.target" ];
        requires = [ "postgresql.service" ];
        environment = {
          PORT = "8080";
          BASE_URI = baseurl;
          MUEVAL_TIMEOUT = "8";
          DATABASE_URL = "postgresql://localhost/hiplambda";
          PATH = "${ghc}/bin";
        };
        serviceConfig = {
          ExecStart = "${ghc}/bin/hiplambda";
          # For security reasons we'll run this process as a special
'hiplambda' user
          User = "hiplambda";
          Restart = "always";
          StandardOutput = "journal";
          StandardError = "journal";
        };
      };

The binary does it's logging to standard out and standard error, but
nothing is appearing in the journal. I haven't been able to find any other
logs. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Rich