[Nix-dev] NixOS and NixOps on server : testimonials here ?

Fabien Bourgeois fabien at yaltik.com
Wed Jun 24 15:32:50 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I'm a newcomer to Nix ecosystem and am theoretically really pleased
about manuals and articles I've read about it.

I will really soon give it a try and if tests fulfill my needs, I'd like
to be able to use NixOS "everywhere" (workstations, servers). I have
some questions about using NixOS on servers machines in production (I
guess this list is not exhaustive :
https://nixos.org/wiki/Nix%28OS%29_in_production )

1) Have you experiences about using NixOS on physical or virtual servers
? Do you have some advice to share ?

2) Do you follow stable or unstable channel ? Why ? (security, stability...)

3) Are there here some NixOps users ? How many servers are you deploying
to ?

Thank you a lot. Have a nice day.