[Nix-dev] A Journey into our brand-new Haskell infrastructure: Part III

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at jaunder.io
Mon Jun 22 11:20:29 CEST 2015

Hi, Peter,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 07:40 AM, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> just a quick update for your information: we now have fully automatic
> updates
> of "hackages-packages.nix". The process is driven by the
> "update-nixpkgs.sh"
> script [1], which is part of the cabal2nix Git repository [2]. Basically,
> that
> script re-generates hackages-packages.nix once per hour from the current
> state
> of Hackage (which [3] tracks in a Git repository) and pushes the result
> to [4].
> >From there, Hydra [5] picks up the new version and builds everything.

So I've been keeping an eye on the hydra jobset for the last few weeks,
looking for the occasional place to help out upstream(s) with patches,
etc. to fix builds.  I notice there haven't been any updates in a few
days---is this a prep-for-release thing, or is there something someone
could help with, or are you just taking a well-earned vacation?

Mike.