[Nix-dev] [UTILS] nixos-scripts - searching for testers / contributors!

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Jun 8 19:03:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

I started developing some nixos helper scripts, calling them
nixos-script[0].

Note, though I'm announcing these utils here, there is no release yet!
All these scripts are NOT tested properly, just quick-and-dirty
testing was done!

Currently, I'm searching testers and contributors. Both the master
branch and the `add-channel-tools` branch (which is also in a PR)
should be tested.

Ideas and review is welcome as well!

nixos-script contains utilities for:

    - showing the diff between two generations
    - list profiles
    - show the commit the current system is build from
    - show the generations
    - switching configuration and generate a git tag in your
      configuration.nix git repository

More utils which are on the way in said PR[1]:

    - checkout a channel generation
    - diff two channel generations
    - list channel generations

And hopefully there will be even more utilities. Feel free to
contribute and test.

[0]: https://github.com/matthiasbeyer/nixos-scripts
[1]: https://github.com/matthiasbeyer/nixos-scripts/pull/17

--