[Nix-dev] Working on multiple modules on multiple branches - single server

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Thu Jul 30 09:00:43 CEST 2015

Hi,

> On 30 Jul 2015, at 08:57, Joel Moberg <joel.moberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You could make a virtualbox vm that you use only for development. This should avoid syncing and also let you work offline. And for branch management you could work on a single branch until you are done with all work. Before pushing changes you create branches and cherry-pick or rebase so that they contain the commits you intend.

Ah. Yeah, I do use Virtualbox/Vagrant a lot. But I guess cherry picking is the answer to this specific situation. I’m more used to Mercurial where this isn’t as prevalent as I think I’ve heard it being done in git. I’ll have a look at that. Thanks!

Christian

—
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io
Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Deutschland
HR Stendal HRB 21169 · Geschäftsführer: Christian. Theune, Christian. Zagrodnick