[Nix-dev] Working on multiple modules on multiple branches - single server

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Thu Jul 30 07:59:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

I’m working on a few things for my home server at the moment (Sensu for monitoring, Netatalk for TimeMachine) and I just started splitting my work into multiple branches so that I can submit the pieces individually.

However, no I experience some pain while developing as I’m rebuilding the system from various branches all the time (editing locally, rsyncing the whole thing to the machine, then running nixos-rebuild -I …) which turns out will always disable my other work …

Is there an obvious solution to this that I’m missing? Complicated git branch management?

Cheers,
Christian

—
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io
Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Deutschland
HR Stendal HRB 21169 · Geschäftsführer: Christian. Theune, Christian. Zagrodnick