[Nix-dev] Fwd: ghc-mod fail errors: bug: gmeioException

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:28:39 CET 2015

I know that outside of nix I resolved this by doing a fresh "cabal install
cabal-install".

Basically the "dist/config" binary file is brittle, and has to be read with
exactly the same version that wrote it.

So the Cabal library used in cabal and the one in ghc-mod must be
identical, because ghc-mod tries to read it, and under certain
circumstances will do a configure, so it must be readable by the normal
cabal process too.

Alan