[Nix-dev] Decision Procedures (was: PR [member] label)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Jan 18 23:29:09 CET 2015

Hi Michael,

 > I think we all admit that we have a problem with timely merging of pull
 > requests.

my impression is that we have a problem with controversial PRs only, because we
lack any kind of organized procedure for making decisions as a group. We merge
PRs that no-one objects to quickly, really, but once dissent arises the PR is
essentially dead in the water unless someone feels real strongly about it and
(a) pushes it through regardless or (b) works real hard to generate consensus.

My 2 cents,
Peter