[Nix-dev] Automatic download option for "requireFile"

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:37:45 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/24/2015 12:02 PM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
>>
>> If you just want to _use_ the software, not modify it, not re-distribute
>> it, then for a whole lot of packages, you do not have to accept the
>> license.
>
> I meant that in any case you're required to conform to the license terms
> (whether that means some act of "accepting" it or not).

Which raise a good point, what does "allowUnfree = true;" means.
Does that mean that you read the licenses of all software, and that
you do *agree with all* of them?

Should we do something like "allowLicenses = [ pkgs.licenses.adobeEULA
];" instead?

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/