[Nix-dev] Automatic download option for "requireFile"

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:20:50 CET 2015

On 02/24/2015 12:02 PM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> If you just want to _use_ the software, not modify it, not re-distribute
> it, then for a whole lot of packages, you do not have to accept the license.

I'm no lawyer - it's probably an imprecise formulation on my side:
I meant that in any case you're required to conform to the license terms
(whether that means some act of "accepting" it or not).

It will typically not restrict the user in any way - in case of free
licenses, there's the ideal state that using the SW via nix can't
violate the licensing AFAIK, and that might be so even for many unfree
redistributable stuff.

Vladimir