[Nix-dev] State database in nixops

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sun Feb 22 19:07:32 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Thomas Hunger <tehunger at gmail.com> wrote:

> We also have a CI server which deploys for us, but that's not the same
> server as the common one we use for manual deploys (which are unfortunately
> necessary on occasion). So we have two copies of the state which has
> already caused some problems.

Could you expand on this a bit? I've been using nixops for a while, but
only recently set up a Hydra server to run tests automatically. I'm now
considering doing automated deployments out of hydra, but not quite sure
how that should work. It would be simple to have a hydra job that runs
"nixops deploy" but having a build with external side-effects like that
seems problematic.

-Colin