[Nix-dev] Generate name->/nix/store/<hash>-name mapping file

stewart mackenzie setori88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:29:40 CET 2015

Greetings,

I'd like to generate a mapping file for all the components that
successfully compile.
It would look something like this:

boolean-not : hjybhyrcjk4zxjhqcr3gba0pfvvv5wvn-boolean-not
boolean-nand : 9638b93sxj78612m0i6ag6malj4il03m-boolean-nand

So the idea is to have hydra compile this set of nix closures and then
write out a file with all the mappings. (
https://github.com/fractalide/fractalide/blob/master/default.nix)

This mapping will be distributed to all users.

We will use a map key as a keyword in a programming language, the
pre-compile stage will lookup then convert all the keys to their values and
load these dynamic libraries into memory.

This mapping file is the way we upgrade a system, it's essentially the
equivalent of a nixos channel, later we could work directly with a hydra
channel.

Your help is appreciated.

/sjm