[Nix-dev] How to write module outside the nixpkgs tree and integrated with nixos-rebuild

Layus layus.on at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:08:32 CET 2015

Oh, it seems that you misunderstood me.

My point is that that particular information (i.e. "How to add custom
modules?") is not easy to find in the docs/wiki.
I claim this based on the (relatively) big number of users asking that
question on the mailing list and at NixCon.

So I asked you to give examples of places where you looked for that
piece of information (wiki, nixos man, eetc ?), and how you looked for
it (google, nixos options, nixos.org search? what keywords you used, etc.).
That way, I would know where to add the required explanations to help
future users facing the same question.

G.