[Nix-dev] NixOS 15.05 release moved to 15.06

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Wed Apr 22 15:40:37 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Wout Mertens <wout.mertens at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I suppose we didn't really keep up with documenting important changes at
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/doc/manual/release-notes/rl-unstable.xml
> ?

Nope - not much is covered. We'll have to do a better job for next release.

> How shall we find all the breaking changes and highlights? Someone
> eyeballs all commits, or we do a call for important changes (CFIC)?

Crawl through commits and document them. It's tedious work and that's why
we should focus on getting docs and changelog done *as part* of the pull
requests.

> Wout.
>
> PS: We should make releases happen every 5 months so we keep a 6 month
> cycle ;)

I don't mind if we release every 7 or 5 months, as long as we don't
postpone the releases (as we already did for 14.11 and 15.05). Having 1
month for stabilization should suffice for most of the time.

Domen