[Nix-dev] system wide .vimrc / managing plugins the nix way - proposal and implementation

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 14:57:46 CET 2014

> 4) And I thin[*k*] we have to rename `dependencies` to smth like
> `runtimeDependencies` and make them the same type as `buildInputs`, not the
Well runtimeDependencies could be executable tools. That dependencies
attr only lists vim plugin names. We could flag derivations to be a vim
plugin and traverse the dependenciy tree (runtime/build dependencies),
but that would be more work (cpu wise) probably.

I notice that we can do the same for pathogen: install all dependencies,
thus the interface changed slightly to

pathogen.pluginNames = [...];
and
vim.pluginDictionaries = [..];

and vim-addon-nix will also install all depnedencies.

Marc Weber