[Nix-dev] system wide .vimrc / managing plugins the nix way - proposal and implementation

Arseniy Seroka ars.seroka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 14:24:51 CET 2014

I wrote that on github, but will copy-paste here:
1) We have to remove the old code from vim/configurable.nix (I mean the
part of plugins loading
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/15bb4c20e614ed6835c59c7c9101ee59eacbe473/pkgs/applications/editors/vim/configurable.nix#L7
)

2) Maybe it's a good idea to move `misc/vim-plugins` to
`editors/vim/vim-plugins`?

3) After all of this all write the wiki page about vim in nixos, ok?

4) And I thing we have to rename `dependencies` to smth like
`runtimeDependencies` and make them the same type as `buildInputs`, not the
list of strings. So change in `vimrc` the conversion of deps to strings for
vam, but in nixos make checking the existence of them. There will be more
magic.

--
Sincerely,
Arseniy Seroka