[Nix-dev] Zero Hydra Failures (ZHF) project for NixOS

Georges Dubus georges.dubus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 18:32:14 CEST 2014

I have a few plans that might help with this:

- Try to improve travis (which will only possible to some point, because
it's not hydra) ;
- Have a bot post on each pull request the list of attributes touched by
the PR, encouraging people to try to build them all (and improve nox-review
to make it easier);
- Prepare a proposition to switch to a bot-driven workflow for the PR, in
which a bot does the merging: this lets us choose any rule we want for the
merging. For example, PR are merged into a specific branch after
acceptation by a collaborator and passing some tests.

It all comes down to the firepower of hydra. Encouraging people to check
the build themselves is just a way to distribute computations we don't have
the power to do. I'd love to have enough computing power to establish a
workflow in which every PR is checked before it's merged into master or,
even better, every PR is checked as soon as it is created.

Georges Dubus