[Nix-dev] gcc has stopped working on Mac OS X Mavericks

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Thu Oct 23 22:14:40 CEST 2014

> Also, maybe I misunderstood you - what do you mean by "reference"?  It seems
> the reference is in gcc itself - the C file I'm compiling is trivial:

> [nix-shell:~/]$ gcc ~/temp/x.c
> ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservices.dylib for architecture x86_64

> [nix-shell:~/]$ which gcc
> /nix/store/65yrkjclp6g71j9x16vcglqdw62xbnx7-gcc-wrapper-4.8.3/bin/gcc

By reference I mean the dynamic library reference in the gcc executable.  I
would *think* that this would be solved by rebuilding gcc from sources:

  rm -fr /nix/store/65yrkjclp6g71j9x16vcglqdw62xbnx7-gcc-wrapper-4.8.3/
  nix-env --option build-use-substitutes false -i gcc-wrapper-4.8.3

The problem, if I'm guessing correctly, is that the Hydra build server is
referencing a dylib that doesn't exist for you on your system -- a problem
which has cropped up a few times in the past.

John