[Nix-dev] gcc has stopped working on Mac OS X Mavericks

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Thu Oct 23 20:46:18 CEST 2014

> \[\][nix-shell:~/temp]$\[\] gcc x.c
> ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservices.dylib for architecture x86_64

> I'm stumped with this.  Just to be sure, I built gccApple from source, but
> the problem persists.  Has anyone seen this?

We haven't used gccApple in several weeks now.  It sounds like a system update
moving a binary which something in your Nix store depended on.  You should try
to track down who in your store has that reference, and then rebuild that
derivation.

In future we are moving toward "pure" Darwin builds, where the Nix store will
not rely on anything outside that is not absolutely necessary.  This will help
to mitigate breakages from system updates.

John