[Nix-dev] NixOS 14.11 "Caterpillar" release schedule

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Thu Oct 23 18:16:06 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have volunteered to be release manager of Caterpillar. I'd like to fix
two dates for the release:

- 20.11: I'll branch off master into `release-14.11`, from that point on
we'll be testing and applying bugfixes
- 30.11: final release of NixOS 14.11

Documentation about release process, please add anything you'd like to
explicitly state about that: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4442

14.11 milestone tickets:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A14.11

14.11 milestone blockers:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A14.11+label%3Ablocker

I'd also like the last month to be focused about documentation.
Documentation is very important for community and success of a project, so
let's do our best.

To see what's missing (please add an issue if something else should be
documented):
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A14.11+label%3Adocumentation

In next weeks I'll go through issues and PRs, prioritize them and poke
around.

Domen