[Nix-dev] Is systemd a benefit or a liability?

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:24:42 CEST 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Alexander Zubkov <green at msu.ru> wrote:

> And what you need from the integration of systemd with udev? What
> use-cases do you have for this?

Making services or mounts or timers depend upon the appearance or
disappearance of devices. I use that often to improve boot parallelism.
Now instead in most systems not fully integrated with systemd you have a
loop with udev settle waiting for a device to appear in a script. I saw
that especially in initrd (see nixos stage-1 or dracut without systemd).