[Nix-dev] refactored package: stumpwm

Christian Lask lists at elfsechsundzwanzig.de
Tue Oct 14 15:16:38 CEST 2014

Dear all!

My proposal to refactor the `stumpwm` package has been merged into
`master` now. `stumpwm` now has version 0.98.

`Stumpwm` is now no longer a lisp module, but a window-manager
application. It was moved to pkgs/applications/window-managers/
accordingly.

I split `stumpwm` into two packages: `stumpwm` and
`stumpwm-contrib`. This is due to the fact that current upstream has
split those two into two repositories. This reflects those upcoming
upstream changes.

It is now possible to to enable `stumpwm` via
`services.xserver.windowManager` like this:

services.xserver.windowManager = {
  default = "stumpwm";
  stumpwm = {
    enable = true;
  };
};

In the future, I want to add an option to make the extensions from
`stumpwm-contrib` optional and maybe add an option to compile `stumpwm`
with `clisp` instead of `sbcl`.

If anything goes wrong, please let me know. On my machine this works
like a charm for a couple of weeks now.

Kind regards,
Christian Lask.