[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:54:51 CEST 2014

Hi Joseph Joe,

It seems your kernel configuration didn't make it into your image.

This is where the configuration is read into the evaluation:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/default.nix#L1

So it either reads the file pointed to by $NIXOS_CONFIG or it gets
nixos-config from the NIX_PATH.

=> NIXOS_CONFIG=$PWD/myconfig.nix nix-build "<nixpkgs/nixos/release.nix>"
-A iso_graphical.x86_64-linux

Wout.