[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Joseph Joe joej at reed.edu
Tue Oct 14 05:29:12 CEST 2014

David, the command

$ nix-build "<nixpkgs/nixos/release.nix>" -A iso_graphical.x86_64-linux

worked and created an iso. I made a live usb with it, but the problem
persists. Upon booting, the only available hard drive is the usb.

So, the iso did not use the system configuration.nix file.

Alexander, could you elaborate on what I'd need to copy and change to
embed these kernel changes? I tried to add the same lines of code (...
SCSI_SAS_ATA y) into release.nix, but got an error saying that
release.nix is part of a read only file system.