[Nix-dev] Failure trying to build node package

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 08:26:39 CEST 2014

Hi Nikolay,

this is a long-known problem with nixpkgs, some packages depend on
environment variables and these don't get set automatically.

To make https work, do `nix-env -i cacert` and then do `export
GIT_SSL_CAINFO=$HOME/.nix-profile/etc/ca-bundle.crt`. git clone should now
work.

We're currently thinking about how to solve these types of problems, see
the thread this month.

Wout.