[Nix-dev] Moving some of the NixOS setup to nixpkgs

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:02:37 CEST 2014

On 10/03/2014 12:54 PM, Luca Bruno wrote:
> I think it's pointless wrapVim for nixos and non-nixos. For non-nixos
> you can have a ~/.vimrc, and for system-wide /etc/vimrc.

Yeah, the argument was something like that, I think...
The difference is that config inside profile is more flexible. No really
strong reasons, but IMO useful enough to avoid removal from nixpkgs.

(E.g. not global, included in nix-copy-closure transfers, easy to switch
among multiple ones per-terminal.)

Vladimir