[Nix-dev] apache module and ip:port configurations?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri May 30 03:00:35 CEST 2014

For fun I tried placing apache behind nginx.
making apache listen on non standard port made existing installations
such as "wordpress" return redirects. (Yes, could be fixed, ..)
I tried setting up a second "loopback" device so that I was able to use
port 80 twice (once for nginx proxy_passing requests to apache then
listening on an arbitrary local network address different from
127.0.0.1).

The problem I faced was that the apache module did not allow me
specifying it. The attached patch fixes this, but replaces
port = 80; by a more complicated listen = [{ ip = "..."; port = 80;}]
interface.

One way would be making the listen option default to something based on
port if it was set by the user. which is the way to refer to the
"config" of that particular virtualHost because type = types.attrOf (..)
is used.

Is anybody else interested in such patch?

Marc Weber