[Nix-dev] Move to GHC 7.8.2

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Tue May 27 21:20:25 CEST 2014

> At work, we still can't build with GHC 7.8.2 because various dependencies
> are still broken. However, that's not really the end of the world - I can
> just change our expressions to use haskellPackages_ghc763 rather than
> haskellPackages.

Just wanted to note that I've been building the Haskell packages I use with
the following compilers daily (they often all rebuild after nixpkgs updates,
since I use -u --leq):

    GHC 7.4.2
    GHC 7.6.3
    GHC 7.6.3-profiling
    GHC 7.8.2
    GHC 7.8.2-profiling

So far I've the following not work with 7.8.2 (though things could have
changed):

    Agda
    cabal2nix
    hasktags
    lambdabot
    threadscope

The way I work around this is to simply build those specific tools using
7.6.3, until they are updated to support 7.8.2.

John