[Nix-dev] neo4j and clojure

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:22:03 CEST 2014

Hello people,

I'm getting my feet wet with nix installed in my home folder in a Fedora
box.

I want to explore neo4j but it requires the Oracle java JDK that is NOT the
OpenJdk I commonly use on my machine.

I was wondering if nix based tech could help me.

I'd love to have neo4j installed in isolation from the rest of my Fedora
environment, with its own dependencies (even the Oracle thing).

I'd use it to get acquainted with it

Probably in a later step I'd snapshot/reproduce that combination of
packages/configuration in a virtual machine and later I could move the
thing on a cloud.

Is this idea sane or did I completely equivocate the sense of nix ?

I see in nixpkgs there's no neo4j package, so I suppose I should add it
myself.

How hard could it be ?

Thanks
Cato