[Nix-dev] Hydra not building a package, fetchSubmodules fault?

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 05:23:01 CEST 2014

Hi,

I packaged the PSP emulator called PPSSPP a while ago and it has been in
nixpkgs for little over a week[1]. When I try to nix-env -i PPSSPP
however my system tells me that it will build it rather than fetch it.

I thought that maybe I needed to explicitly specify platforms but the
‘vice’ package (also an emulator) doesn't do it and Hydra builds it. I
used the search box on Hydra page but there are no results for PPSSPP.

Can someone tell me why Hydra won't acknowledge this package? The only
out-of-ordinary thing in it might be that I'm using fetchgit in it but I
can't think why this should be a problem considering that specific
revision and sha is specified so in the end it's no different than a
tarball. In fact the ‘vobsub2srt’ package (found with grep) also uses
fetchgit and Hydra seems to have no problem with that.

I do note that I'm using fetchSubmodules = true and only other package
in nixpkgs that uses it too (opendylan) seems to not be acknowledged by
Hydra either. Should this be considered a bug and if yes, of which tool,
Hydra/nix/fetchgit/…?

[1]:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/misc/emulators/ppsspp/default.nix
--