[Nix-dev] setfacl: /var/log/journal: Operation not supported

_1126 lists at elfsechsundzwanzig.de
Wed Jun 4 14:11:49 CEST 2014

Hello all!

I recently re-installed my NixOS configuration on a ZFS root. Since
then I am unable to access systemd's journal. My user is part of the
systemd-journal group, but the journal file aint.

-rw-r----- 1 root root 117440512 Jun  4 14:07 system.journal

This is might be due to the the error reported in the subject:

setfacl: /var/log/journal: Operation not supported

The nixos/modules/system/boot/systemd.nix module tries the following
(line 743):

${pkgs.acl}/bin/setfacl -nm g:wheel:rx,d:g:wheel:rx,g:adm:rx,d:g:adm:rx /var/log/journal

This apparently fails. Has anyone an idea what that is the case? Or am
I wrong in suspecting that and the reason for the wrong permissions is
to be found somewhere else?

Greetings
_1126 (Christian Lask)