[Nix-dev] Nixos basic Qs

Ertugrul Söylemez ertesx at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 23:14:48 CEST 2014

Ben B <bburdette at gmail.com> wrote:

> - I have xmonad as my window manager, and it defaults to slim as display
> manager/login gadget.  My problem is that one of those two opens a terminal
> by default.  If you type 'exit' into that terminal it kiboshes all open
> programs and exits the window manager.

I use the ~/.xsession file.  It's (usually) a shell script, and you can
just execute `xmonad` from there.  It will override whatever login
script slim uses:

    #! /usr/bin/env sh
    exec xmonad

Note that the file must be executable and XMonad must be either
installed in your profile or enabled in your configuration.nix.

Greets,
Ertgrul

--
Ertugrul Söylemez <ertesx at gmx.de>