[Nix-dev] httpd subservice

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 30 19:47:21 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I found a way to propagate systemd services from apache-httpd subservices up to systemd.

I modified the httpd module such that it will scan subservices for an attribute called `extraSystemdServices`. This will then be joined into the `config.systemd.services` attribute of the httpd module. You can find my changes at [1].

I have tested this with Tiny Tiny RSS [2].

What is your opinion on these changes? In particular, should subservices be allowed to pass through more than just `systemd.services`?

Best regards,

Andreas

PS: Sorry, if you received this message before. But, my E-Mail reader didn't receive my previous message. Maybe, because the thread is relatively old. So, I thought I should resend it with a new subject. The original thread is in [3].

[1]: https://github.com/aherrmann/nixpkgs/tree/3211ae50909c931796508582c0725f02e32f2963
[2]: https://github.com/aherrmann/nixops-ttrss-test/blob/0eef8c1c1396b2ba38f47b8ff494d75007f0f071/ttrss-service.nix#L451-L464
[3]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/13604