[Nix-dev] daemon in httpd subservice

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 29 20:30:25 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I found a way to propagate systemd services from apache-httpd subservices up to systemd.

I modified the httpd module such that it will scan subservices for an attribute called `extraSystemdServices`. This will then be joined into the `config.systemd.services` attribute of the httpd module. You can find my changes at [1].

I have tested this with Tiny Tiny RSS [2].

What is your opinion on these changes? In particular, should subservices be allowed to pass through more than just `systemd.services`?

Best regards,

Andreas

[1]: https://github.com/aherrmann/nixpkgs/commit/5c105839b50b5f4cded26c4f428452a46a694b65
[2]: https://github.com/aherrmann/nixops-ttrss-test/blob/0eef8c1c1396b2ba38f47b8ff494d75007f0f071/ttrss-service.nix#L451-L464