[Nix-dev] How to configure my broadcom wifi card?

Miroslav Puda pakanek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 18:05:21 CEST 2014

On 07/18/2014 05:49 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My generated hardware-configuration.nix contains:
>
>      boot.extraModulePackages = [ "config.boot.kernelPackages.broadcom_sta" ];
>
> This line prevents nixos-install from running. If I remove the quotes
> so that the line looks like:
>
>      boot.extraModulePackages = [ config.boot.kernelPackages.broadcom_sta ];
>
> nixos-install runs fine. However, the wifi still does not work.
>
> The original hardware-configuration.nix file can be found at
> http://bpaste.net/show/475165.
>
> I reported the issue at: https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/299
>
> Best

Hi, check my configuration: http://bpaste.net/show/ixvVM0eN0mS3V9Qz03Ec/
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn
Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
I enabled NetworkManager's service and installed it with its applet. You
need to disable networking.wireless.enabled too. That worked.