[Nix-dev] nix-env points ~/.nix-profile to symlinks in home

Miroslav Puda pakanek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 17:52:27 CEST 2014

On 07/18/2014 04:38 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> You have to set ~/.nix-profile pointing to your profile.
> It's usually /nix/var/nix/profiles/...something, but you have it set to
> ~/gtksourceview. A very weird profile, yes.

It seems to work now. And...

$ ll .nix-profile
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirpa users 44 Jul 18 17:36 .nix-profile ->
/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/mirpa/profile

$ mousepad
Segmentation fault

$ nix-env -i mousepad
installing `mousepad-0.3.0'
building path(s)
`/nix/store/9jx3xf0mvhd5sx6zxqas8fcdqnid7lj8-user-environment'
created 228 symlinks in user environment

$ mousepad

$ # no segfault?

What I don't understand is, how ~/gtksourceview* came to existence in
the first place, because I never made those symlinks (directly). I
removed them couple of times, then I realized that it might be
responsible for repeated disappearance of wine.