[Nix-dev] lens 4 transition plan?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Feb 19 16:45:45 CET 2014

Hi Gergely,

 > I wanted to ask for your transition plan/timeframe regarding this
 > change? Do you plan to switch over to lens4 as default sometime and
 > provide overrides for the not forward compatible packages?

I'm running test builds at [1] right now. If those builds succeed (or
fail in a way that's easy to fix), then I'll push an update ASAP that
switches the default version to lens 4.x. Is that alright with everyone?

 > Should we provide patches in nixpkgs where needed to upgrade
 > everything to lens4 until they're fixed upstream?

Well, if you are aware of a package that won't compile with lens 4.x,
then yes, please add an appropriate patch. It would be great if we could
convert all of Nixpkgs to lens 4.x at the same time!

 > As always: thanks for maintaining Haskell in nixpkgs, great job!

Thank you. :-)

Take care,
Peter

[1] http://hydra.cryp.to/jobset/nixpkgs/haskell-updates