[Nix-dev] Breaking changes log

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:49:47 CET 2014

Ok, new proposal: Whenever you make a change that does any of these:

   - Breaks backwards compatibility with existing user state (e.g. db
   versions etc)
   - Changes type of options
   - Changes semantics of options
   - Removes existing options

you should include a description of the change in the release-notes.xml.

After a few of those we can figure out a template that works, and we can
see about letting nixos-rebuild parse the diff.

Wout.