[Nix-dev] libnotify notifications with icons not displaying

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Sat Dec 13 04:34:27 CET 2014

I'm attempting to get notifications setup for when I use the volume keys on
my keyboard, like in Ubuntu.  I've setup xbindkeys, but the when I run

    notify-send -t 1000 -i multimedia-volume-control --hint=int:transient:1
--hint=int:value:$CURVOL --hint=string:synchronous:volume "Volume up
$PERC%" ""

No notification is displayed and in the logs I see

    Dec 12 20:19:35 tealc org.freedesktop.Notifications[1812]: **
(.notify-osd-wrapped:1922): WARNING **: WARNING: No layout defined!!!

I haven't been able to find any reference to this on the web and am unsure
what to do.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Rich