[Nix-dev] Fonts not looking good with XFCE

Pierre Allix pierre.allix.work at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:46:49 CET 2014

Hello,

I really like the ideas behing Nix and so I'm evaluating NixOS. I download
the virtuabox appliance and installed XFCE.

I installed the Ubuntu fonts and configured XFCE to use it, and also
installed the Inconsolata fonts for Emacs.
The fonts are bit blurry in Firefox, in Emacs they don't look good and in
general they dont look as good as on Xubuntu or Linux Mint Debian Editon.

Here is a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/72HlF9d.png?1

I also tried the Awesome window manager, I've got the same problem.

How can I improve the rendering to look as good as on Xubuntu?