[Nix-dev] Automatically deploy data using nixops

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 06:31:34 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian,

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Sebastian Korten <sebastian.korten at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm currently getting to know nixops and am quite fascinated by it ;o)
>
> Is there a way to automatically deploy data into a server?
> Would I do this by creating a nixpkg entry for it and then use a
> personal/modified nixpkgs repo with nixops (maybe by using $NIX_PATH or
> something like that) or is there some other hook included?

Can you give a bit more information about your exact use case?

In principle you can copy anything to the machine, by just referring to it
in your machine's configuration. E.g. if you have a local directory of
static html files in ./www, you would just refer to this directory in your
httpd/ngixn configuration (e.g. using ${./www}, and it would automatically
be imported into the nix store and copied to the machine.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Vermaas