[Nix-dev] Installing Nixos

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 11:11:22 CEST 2014

On 08/09/2014 10:47 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
> grub kept complaining not wanting to install on any specific partition even after I created a bios boot partition. What worked for me (not clear exactly why) was to specify the*drive*  instead of any of the partitions as the target in config.nix.

Yes, grub is always installed to drive (i.e. /dev/sda), not partition
(i.e. /dev/sda1). That's not NixOS-specific.

As Luca said, the original report contained very little relevant
information, like more details about what installation steps were done,
or what's the actual error message and when it's printed. I don't see
much use in trying to guess blindly.

Vlada