[Nix-dev] Installing Nixos

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat Aug 9 10:47:25 CEST 2014

On 8. Aug2014, at 22:00, Julio Cesar Campos <kabbalah100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, in the last week I have made 3 attempts to install NixOS following 2 pages which give some pointers on how to install this, the result NixOS grub does not recognize and does not start session.
> I want to install this, but really the information for people who are not informatics but afiiconados GNU / Linux is sparse, there will be a chance of someone developing a generic configuration to install NixOS to be available at the time of the installation via the Manual?
> Another concern can be installed Gnome 3.12 from the beginning?

I just installed on a physical machine (besides pure Nix installations on some VMs and via vagrant) and had a small issue with grub, too.

I haven’t dealt with grub2 before and I tried installing on an XFS root.

grub kept complaining not wanting to install on any specific partition even after I created a bios boot partition. What worked for me (not clear exactly why) was to specify the *drive* instead of any of the partitions as the target in config.nix.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · gocept gmbh & co. kg
flyingcircus.io · operations as a service