[Nix-dev] Vim setup for Haskell

Thomas Strobel ts468 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 09:09:11 CEST 2014

Thanks for describing your setup!

The idea behind 'hvim' is to have a single package which installs vim
with some stuff that is helpful for Haskell development, without having
to understand how nixos or vimrc work.
Especially it should allow to distribute adjusted or modified programs
and plugins which work together nicely.
E.g. I tried to wrap hdevtools so that it finds the installed Haskell
packages automatically, and maybe ghc-mod needs some adjustments as well.

I know about your vim-addon-manager project and your maintained
collection of vim plugins for nix**. I think it would be great if the
vim plugins that are used in hvim could be integrated into
pkgs/misc/vim-plugins/default.nix. That would allow to simplify what
I've tried to achieve within install.sh

Best wishes,
Thomas