[Nix-dev] How to handle Repositories which don't keep old versions?

Moritz Ulrich moritz at tarn-vedra.de
Fri Sep 27 17:09:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

As some of you might be aware of, I built support for Emacs' package
manager package.el into Nix. This is accomplished just like with node
& python (a helper script generates a nix file) based on the
repository's contents.

Unfortunately, package.el repositories don't keep old versions. If a
package is updated, the old version is deleted. This is obviously
problematic with Nix.

My question is: What's the best way to handle this? I personally have
no problem hosting a mirror which keeps old versions, but I want to
ask if you guys have other suggestions.

Cheers,
Moritz