[Nix-dev] Qt Creator issues

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri May 31 20:47:33 CEST 2013

On 31 May 2013 18:42, Baptist BENOIST <return_0 at live.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you tried to remove the ~/.config/QtProject directory and the
> ~/.config/Trolltech.conf files ? They might be the source of these
> problems...

That was it! Thanks a lot! This thing was driving me mad :-) I had
grepped through the store for the bad hash, but I forgot about my
$HOME :-)

This is where the old nix store path to qt was:
    ~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/qtversion.xml

After doing
    mv ~/.config/QtProject{,.bak}

I now have the "Applications" entry and can create and run Qt apps. (I
have gcc and make in my environment.)

> I am writing another longer mail (phone written mails takes time to write ;)
> ) to explain you what the "problem" was for the Applications section, doc,
> demos and example. You can check the 2 latest commits in the master branch
> of my nixplgs fork on github. It contains my future update with the v2.7.1
> (the problem was not related to it) of QtCreator and an improved Qt
> derivation...

Great!

I couldn't find your repo on github, though. I found a "Baptist
BENOIST" user, but there were no public repos.

> FYI, the hardcoded paths in qmake you spoke about on IRC are used by
> QtCreator (and qmake) in order to retrieve the necessary Qt modules
> corresponding to the qmake used at build time. I think that they have done
> that to allow its users to easily use multiple Qt versions at once on
> regular distributions. This thing already annoys me on Windows when I want
> to deploy Qt versions on different directories than the one used to build
> them ;-)

Ok.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman